Expert Info

Posted by lgraziano73
on 25 Jul 2018

My husband and I are looking to permanently move to Italy within 3 years and gain permanent residency. Our grandparents (both sides) are from Italy and we heard that we could possibly apply for Italian citizenship. Any suggestions?

ILIVEINMD on 1 Aug 2018 - 22:57

If both grandparents were Italian and never natralised or renounced their Itala citizenship then you are Italian and so long as you can prove this along with a link to your grandparents you can apply to the Italian Consolato near you. For citizenship recognition along with obtaining your Italia Passaporto.

You can also apply for your Codice Fiscal which you will need in Italia.

There are several Duel citizenship web sites that can help answer all your questions

Good luck